Monday, April 6, 2009

Paris in the Spring


Spring is my all-time favorite season. But spring in Paris has a distinctly different feel than a Washington spring. A lot of the vegetation is the same but while a Washington spring unfolds slowly, first forsythia, then daffodils, then tulip magnolias, followed by the cherries, dogwoods and azaleas, spring in Paris seems to have popped over night. Suddenly the trees are leafed out and everything is in bloom, all at the same time. I've got new geraniums in my window boxes and the mint and parsley I planted last year is making a comeback. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Special thank yous to Diana, Lauren, and Carolyn from My Sydney Paris Life for sharing their shots of DC's cherry blossoms with me.


The city of Paris did a nice job with this bed of primroses and tulips along Avenue Foch, the finish line of Sunday's Paris marathon.


The Jardin des Plantes is thick with poppies, which I always think of as a summer flower.

2 comments:

DOS said...

Thanks for the pretty pictures. In California, the poppy is most definitely a spring flower, and they are all over the place now. By summer all will be dry and parched!

Carolyn said...

You're welcome! How lucky I feel to have been dazzled by Spring in both of 'your' cities this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails