Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Picture That Wasn't


Several times over the past week, I've walked by this kiosque advertising the opening of the American movie, "Where the Wild Things Are," set for today. What caught my eye was that the poster shows Max, the main character in his gold crown, and there was also a gold crown circling the little cupola atop the kiosque. Regrettably, I never seemed to have my camera with me. So yesterday morning, I set out, camera in hand, with the specific goal of capturing the poster and crown so I could post it today.

And there's the thing. The moment I walked up, there's the JC Decaux dude changing the posters for some other lame looking movie that comes out next week. And the crown? Nowhere in sight. Dang it. He hadn't changed all three posters on the kiosque yet so you can still catch a glimpse of Max there on the left and imagine just what a clever touch that additional crown was. Incidentally, the title of the movie in France is "Max et les Maximonstres."

1 comment:

David in Setouchi said...

Two days ago I saw one on a column at the end of rue de Rennes in Montparnasse.
Maybe it's still there. You should check it out. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails