Saturday, February 6, 2010

This and That

A few photos from the vault to share today.

This one's for Belle de Ville who inquired whether people in Paris were really wearing Uggs. Okay, so maybe mama's moved on but not junior (who by the way is a boy.)



Honestly, I think that dressing your kid like this is reason enough to call child protective services.

The French put a high premium on politeness but do you suppose any of those motorcycle dudes changed their behavior in response to this sign?



Translation: We thank you kindly not to park your motorcycles in front of the shop window.

Multitasking Parisian style



Someone's got some 'splaining to do.

7 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Strange I know, but I love it when I see the men have been to the boulangerie and picked up the baguettes.. :-)

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Anne

i have just been reading your "25 things I love about Paris" I love the crepes in a little place in Rue du Montparnasse...along with lots and lots of other things of course.

Do you have an email address..just wondering where you live, as your described the apartment like the one I stayed in last year..it was a friends and I was looking after their cats...!

Belle de Ville said...

Wonderful photos, including the quintessential man with the baguette. 40 years ago he would have had a velo instead of a cell phone.

Anne said...

Anne: You (and anyone else) can e-mail me at justanotheramericaninparis@yahoo.com. I live in one of the many many Haussmanian buildings that line the streets of Paris -- you could say it's the ranch house of Paris circa 1880-1910.

Starman said...

Very creative parking.

Deidre said...

Wow - that is a very polite sign.

PeterParis said...

I know that Parisians park anywhere, but this car is not Paris registered! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails