Monday, July 5, 2010

Vehicles of Paris: Part 22


Nicolas, the wine merchant with shops everywhere in Paris, has initiated a new line of wine gifts and they've contracted with La Petite Reine, a bicycle delivery service, for deliveries around town. According to the Web site, the bike and cart weigh about 100 kilos and can carry 180 kilos of merchandise. Bicycle messengers are usually exceptionally fit; the guys who peddle these babies must really be in good shape. Now if they would just put a water bottle cage on that bike....

2 comments:

Starman said...

I wonder why they deliver? One is never more than a block from a wine store in Paris.

TN said...

Comments aren't working on The Paris Blog site...

Delivery is WONDERFUL! Starman from above comment...delivery is necessary when you have to buy more than 2 bottles and you have no lift ;-) I also have a baby so how would that look walking home trying to push the stroller with one hand and carrying 2+ bottles haha!

I am also looking into the delivery service for groceries. I find it very stressful with a baby, stroller and the hand cart. Then having to drag everything up 2 flights of stairs. I wonder if it is more expensive? I heard they deliver on Weekends and Nights too!

Check out my blog if you have time

http://fromoneswamptoanother.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails