Saturday, December 4, 2010

Winter!

It's been bitter cold in Paris all week.  The forecasters keep warning about the snow that, much to the chagrin of my children, has not arrived.  (Well okay a few flakes have hit the ground in town and there's a thin crust of white in the 'burbs.)  The prediction for the weekend is slightly warmer temps, although only warm enough to cause problems.  Amazingly, my geraniums are still thriving in their window boxes.  I hesitate to cover them, water them, or even pinch them back lest it shock their systems too much.


It's going to be a good weekend for cleaning the house, writing Christmas cards, reading books, and perhaps hitting a lesser known museum as Sunday is the first Sunday of the month.  All this to be accompanied by copious amounts of hot beverages -- coffee, tea, or hot chocolate, your pick or perhaps all three?

7 comments:

vicki archer said...

All three...interspersed with a good drop of wine! xv

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend! And my geraniums are just beautiful like yours are right now but I had to bring them in the house because it's getting so cold here now. I just hate to leave them and let the cold zap them. They probably won't last long in the house either. Wish I had a green house! Enjoy your weekend!

Lisa said...

Loved the geranium photo, it just made me sigh. Enjoy your Saturday!

Sweet Freak said...

All three indeed. And please be productive enough for the two of us!

Starman said...

Might be time for a leisurely trip to Angélina's on rue de Rivoli.

texas home refinance said...

I was just wondering and i got here, I really gt amazed by the blog. Very informaive and very helpfull thanks for providing the post. Hope that we will get more in future.

best cd rates said...

I wouoldn't be surprise if it is that bitter cold in Paris. I know already that it is quite unpleasantly cold in France during winter. But still Paris is one of the most romantic places on earth so I bet even in the freezing cold, it will always heat up for couples savoring the romantic city. I have never been to Paris yet and I just wish I could. If ever I could, I will savor every season I will be in Paris because the city just means a lot to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails